Flutter is gaining popularity due to its ability to swiftly construct apps and the ease with which you can learn it. Learning Flutter will only take a few well-informed tutorials, online and offline learning tools, and a lot of self-learning, whether you are an experienced developer or a beginner.
This article will guide you through the best way to learn Flutter from scratch.
What is Flutter?
Flutter is an open-source framework developed by Google that gets used mostly used for developing mobile applications. However, you can also create web and desktop versions of the same app using a single codebase.
Why is Flutter Learning Important?
The year 2021 is all about mobile app development. Viewing and performing actions on a mobile device is the most convenient because you can do it from anywhere and at any time.
Flutter is a fully customizable framework that allows you to create highly expressive and adaptable user interfaces. It is simple to understand and allows for speedier development. If those are not enough to persuade you to learn Flutter from scratch, consider the following features:
- Developers may view their changes right away with a Hot Reload, cutting both development and bug-fixing time.
- Write-once, run-anywhere code that runs without modification on any platform.
- Flutter makes use of the Dart programming language, which supports both ahead-of-time and just-in-time compilation, resulting in high performance and quick startup times.
- On both Android and iOS, native ARM machine code provides for native performance.
Prerequisites for Learning Flutter for Beginners
To begin learning Flutter, you will need to be familiar with the following. If you are unfamiliar with any of the following concepts, you should understand them first before continuing on your Flutter learning journey:
- If you want to create delicate and detailed applications, you will need to design native Android apps.
- Because OOPS concepts get used in languages like Java and C++, it is crucial to understand them thoroughly.
- Before you can learn Flutter, you must first understand Dart programming. Dart is a general-purpose programming language developed by Google.
- It is a plus if you know C++ or Java, but it is not necessarily required!
The Best Way to Learn Flutter for Beginners
It is a fantastic idea to start learning Flutter right now. Many resources enable you to learn flutter online or otherwise.
Online Videos and Documentation
The official Flutter website has various sample videos and material that you may use to learn Flutter online. You can also watch the Widget of the Week on YouTube, which features an SDK widget. This website is the place to go if you need a quick hands-on with a widget.
The samples, demos, and examples published by the Flutter community on GitHub can help you get started or improve your Flutter skills. Try the UI samples (some of which are available on the app store), which will allow you to see how an app functions in real-time.
Books are an excellent source of in-depth education as well as reference material on any subject. The following are some of the greatest books to learn Flutter:
- Flutter Cookbook
- Beginning Flutter – A hands-on guide to App Development
You should be able to learn a lot with just these two books as a beginning.
You might also want to check out the Flutter Cookbook. This book provides fundamental Flutter examples with short explanations and is ideal for novices who desire to learn the language in practice.
After your Flutter learning journey, it is time to put everything you have learned thus far into practice, and the easiest way to accomplish that is to build little apps and show yourself what you can do with them.
You may always resort to Flutter specialists if everything appears too difficult. In this regard, Brian Kayfitz, the author of Flutter Cookbook, has over ten years of mobile development expertise ranging from small start-ups to billion-dollar businesses.
Go check out how the Brian Kayfitz Development Corporation can help you today!